▪︎ To become a Canadian citizen, you must
- be a permanent resident
- have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
- have filed your taxes, if you need to
- pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada
With a success rate of 75%. In other words, you should answer at least 15 questions correctly out of 20 questions.
Note: A language test is required for eligible applicants between the ages of 18-54.
- prove your language skills
You have attached your language proof skills in English or French at a minimum CLB 4 level
- Depending on your situation, there may be additional requirements.
Find out if you’re eligible